Certified Surgical Technologist II
Company: St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
St. David---s Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David---s
HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was
recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014.
St. David---s Georgetown Hospital offers a range of services,
including a 24-hour emergency department with a level IV trauma
center; Certified Primary Stroke Center; Certified Chest Pain
Center; inpatient and outpatient surgery; advanced pulmonary
intervention; critical care capabilities; acute inpatient and
outpatient rehabilitation; and maternity and newborn services with
mother-baby couplet care close to home for Georgetown families. In
conjunction with its parent campus, St. David---s Medical Center,
Healthgrades awarded St. David---s Georgetown Hospital the 2016
America---s 100 Best Hospitals Award---, 2016 Patient Safety
Excellence Award--- and the 2016 Outstanding Patient Experience
Award------a unique trio of awards that only three hospitals in the
nation were able to achieve---as well as the 2016 Distinguished
Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence. Additionally, St. David---s
Georgetown Hospital was named to the list of 100 Top Hospitals by
Truven Health Analytics for four years in conjunction with its
parent campus, and the facility earned a national distinction for
patient safety from The Leapfrog Group from 2012 to 2016.--
Benefits We offer you an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
fantastic opportunity. -- SIGN ON BONUS AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
AVAILABLE -- -- POSITION SUMMARY
The Surgical Technologist is responsible for providing assistance
to surgeons, registered nurses and other specialists in caring for
patients with minor to major illnesses or injuries.-- He/she
functions under the direction of the licensed registered nurse.--
Will also be required to function and cross train to the Endoscopy
department with all the skill requirements.-- Accepts shift work
and takes call as required by the department.-- Works with patients
ranging in life span from infant to geriatric. -- ESSENTIAL JOB
- Assists in delivery of age appropriate patient care in the
operating room and other procedural areas.
- Assembles and prepares sterile setup of supplies and
instruments used for surgical--procedures.
- Anticipates surgeon---s needs during surgery based on knowledge
of surgical procedures.
- Passes instruments and supplies to the surgeon and surgical
- Ability to perform scrub role in two or more OR specialty
services as assigned.
- Assists with room turnover to ensure timely, efficient use of
- Assists to help prepare for the next day---s surgical cases by
pulling case carts and updating ----preference cards.
- Responsible for restocking unused sterile supplies and
equipment, recognizing appropriate integrity of sterile packaging
- Acts a resource for surgeons, pct---s, attendants and other
- Assists in maintaining a clean, orderly and safe
- Handles sponges and sharps appropriately to protect the patient
and entire surgical team as well as providing accurate count and
reconciliation of sponges and sharps.
- Responsible for strict maintenance of surgical sterile
- Participates in unit activities
- Participates in budget and inventory control.
- Keeps supervisor and or supply clerk informed of needed
- Participate in staff and self-development and is responsible
for maintenance of certification requirements.
- Takes appropriate safety precautions to prevent/manage
accidents in the area.
- Requirement to perform duties related to disinfection and
sterilization of instruments.
- Participates in performance/process improvement.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Completes annual competency requirements.
- Attends 80% of staff meetings.
- Attends 90% of Mandatory Education meetings and
- Employee---s conduct must reflect the company---s values and a
commitment to the Code of Conduct, ethics and compliance
- Adheres and upholds all service behaviors as listed in the I
CARE value commitment and other departmental
Required: Graduation from a surgical tech program or related
experience in the field. Certification as a Surgical Tech. A
minimum of three (3) years recent--experience as a Surgical
Technologist with demonstrated competency in multiple--inpatient
surgical specialties.--LICENSES AND CERTIFICATESRequired:--
---------- Surgical Tech Certification. Current certification as
BCLS Healthcare Provider. --Preferred:-- ----------
ACLS.--REPORTING RELATIONSHIPReports to: -------- Charge Nurse/
Perioperative Services Director--Notice Our Company---s recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: St. David's Georgetown Hospital, Bryan , Certified Surgical Technologist II, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!