Administrative Coordinator I
Company: Texas A&M University Health Science Center
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Job TitleAdministrative Coordinator IAgencyTexas A&M
University Health Science CenterDepartmentCollege Of
NursingProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationBryan,
TexasJob TypeStaffJob DescriptionWhat we believe Texas A&M
University is committed to enriching the learning and working
environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by
promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and
accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are
vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.Who
we are As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the
nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center
encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes
working together to improve health through transformative
education, innovative research and team-based health care
delivery.What we want The Texas A&M College of Nursing is
looking for an Administrative Coordinator I to serve as a member of
the Student Affairs team. We desire an individual who subscribes to
and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful
applicant will bring an expert level of administrative support
experience to the position and understand the demands of a
fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy
working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong
organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine.
If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our
team.Job Summary: Serves as an Administrative Coordinator I for the
Office of Academic Affairs in the College of Nursing. Provides
administrative support for Academic Affairs, and provides
public-facing duties for the college and serves as receptionist.
Works under the supervision of the Associate Dean, and in
collaboration with the Senior Administrative Coordinator for
Academic Affairs.Required Education:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Two years of related experience. Required Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Ability to perform all tasks and job responsibilities safely
without injury to self and others incompliance with A& M System and
TAMU guidelines.Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree.
- Two years' experience as a receptionist or administrative
assistant. Experience in academic affairs or facultyaffairs in
higher education.Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills and professional phone
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem solving, detail oriented, prioritization skills.
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as a
- Experience working with diverse individuals and
- Greets visitors as soon as they arrive and connects them with
the appropriate party.
- Answers the phone in a timely manner and directs calls to the
- Provides general information and referrals.
- Participates in the planning and execution of administrative
operations in the office of academic affairs.
- Provides administrative support for the office of academic
affairs functions in the nursing program, in collaboration with the
Senior Administrative Coordinator in the Office of Academic
- Duties include, but are not limited to supporting functions for
class, classroom, and exam scheduling, student and cohort tracking
and planning, and faculty search, hiring and evaluation
- Supports processes for the collection and maintenance of
student and faculty outcome data for accrediting and regulatory
- Analyzes requirements for projects and initiatives and
contributes to their planning and implementation.
- Monitors office procedures.
- Develops, evaluates, and ensures adherence to administrative
and technical procedures.
- Provides support for assigned faculty members, including but
not limited to, support for instructional materials, compiling
promotion and tenure dossiers and grant activities support.
- Coordinates meetings, records meeting minutes, and tracks the
completion of tasks for assigned committees.
- Provides logistical and administrative support for faculty and
staff retreats, events, meetings and other special functions for
- Reviews documents for supervisor.
- Performs special analyses and project summaries.
- Applies, interprets, and communicates policies and procedures
and serves as a resource for answering questions regarding
- Coordinates the maintenance of files and records.
- Performs data entry and retrieval and maintains data
- Prepares and proofs materials for reports and other
- Prepares, modifies, and verifies documents.
- Supports office records retention and maintenance of office
references and resources materials.
- Complies with record retention policies and procedures.
- Collects and compiles tracking and assessment data, under the
direction of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, and under the
collaboration of the Senior Administrative Coordinator for Academic
- Assists on special projects as needed for the College.
- Serves on committees as assigned.
- May train student workers and other support staff
- Other Duties As Assigned Instructions to Applicants:
Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have
all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to
provide all job application data or a complete resume could result
in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage
all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to
pre-populate the online application. Please include resume, cover
letter and referencesAll positions are security-sensitive.
Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and
employment is contingent upon the institutions verification of
credentials and/or other information required by the institutions
procedures, including the completion of the criminal history
check.Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
Employer committed to diversity.Texas A&M University Health
Science Center is transforming health through innovative research,
education and service in biomedical sciences, dentistry, medicine,
nursing, pharmacy and public health. As an independent state agency
and academic unit of Texas A&M University, the health science
center serves the state through campuses in Bryan-College Station,
Dallas, Temple, Houston, Round Rock, Kingsville, Corpus Christi and
McAllen.Texas A&M University Health Science Center is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.If you
need assistance in applying for this job, please contact
- Health Science Center Home Page
- Payroll and HR Services Home Page
- Texas A&M System Job Opportunities
- Campus Crime Statistics
- Notice of Nondiscrimination and Abuse
- Legal Statements
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Alumni & Friends
- Faculty & Staff
Keywords: Texas A&M University Health Science Center, Bryan , Administrative Coordinator I, Administration, Clerical , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!