Posted on: October 25, 2018
KAGS-TV, a News Leader in Bryan/College Station, TX is looking for a MSJ/Weather Anchor! The ideal candidate will be a great storyteller who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. In this role, you will:
- Prepare and present accurate weather forecasts
- Build weather graphics
- Interact live with customers on multiple platforms, especially during severe or inconvenient weather
- Track and warn viewers of severe weather during continuous coverage
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Enterprise news stories.
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures,
- Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology (webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer. Here's what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, meteorology or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred; Weather experience is a plus!
- Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
- Experience with WSI systems preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news and weather reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active newshound and weather presence on Twitter andFacebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events About TEGNA TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com. TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Keywords: KAGS, Bryan , MSJ/Weather Anchor, Advertising , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!