Company: Limitless Talent Solutions
Posted on: September 19, 2022
The Process Engineer is responsible for providing support to all
departments, aiding in the analysis and development of processes
and procedures. The incumbent's efforts should lead to cost saving
initiatives, improvements in or development of products and
processes. The incumbent may interface with R&D, customers, and
suppliers supporting these processes related to material,
manufacturing and engineering activities to support cost, quality
and cycle objectives. In addition, the process engineer will be
responsible for not only working on assigned projects but
generating projects from his/her own methods and analysis.
- Provide daily technical support to the total organization
through solving of shop floor problems with the primary focus on
identification of root causes and correction of the process. This
will involve working closely with Maintenance, R&D, Production
Planning, and other plant functions.
- Research and document quality improvements, cost-effective
methods and process and system improvements. Provide data analysis
of processes to support creation of work instructions, process
adjustments, and general improvements.
- Investigate and implement special project assignments involving
productivity and quality improvements throughout the plant as
directed. Aid in the training of shop personnel where the operation
of new equipment or new manufacturing procedure is concerned.
Initiate corrective-action projects and actively lead
problem-solving teams driven by customer complaints, i.e., returned
goods inspection and assessment. Participates in internal audits of
the quality conformance system / process.
- Support capital equipment needs with respect to new
technologies and business needs. Assist with planning and
implementation of such capital projects. Review new product designs
for manufacturability. Analyze labor and material variances to
control planned costs via process information and enhancements.
This position is concerned with all areas of manufacturing and the
accomplishment of short to long-term process and methods
improvement. The priority is the investigation and implementation
of corresponding manufacturing improvements. In addition, daily
production issues in terms of shop floor problems production
schedule are requirements of this position. Efforts are directed to
the analysis of existing conditions and the implementation of time
and management of cost savings projects and quality
The incumbent works closely with Maintenance, Production
Supervision and Planning, the hourly Production workforce, Buyers,
and Vendors in the research and implementation of improvement
projects and shop floor issues. Interfacing with Production Control
and Purchasing is necessary to act on make vs. buy decisions, and
to control capital equipment purchases.
The primary measurement of success is reduced downtime, increased
OEE, improved product quality, reduction of complaints and
reduction of rework.
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
Comply with, and when possible, exceed applicable company
Environmental, Health and Safety regulations, federal and local
environmental regulations through the implementation of our Health
& Safety plans and Pollution Prevention:
- Comply with the law and apply the best industry practices
- Work respectfully and cooperate with all employees,
contractors, vendors and customers.
- Work as a team to identify risks and solutions which will
eliminate those risks.
- Establish measurable priorities and standards for all involved
in this process.
- Implement proven methods found at other sites to help achieve
- Continuous improvement actions to reduce emissions and prevent
- Annual review of actions and methods in order to drive
Specific products and processes are assigned and project results
are identified. The incumbent meets regularly with his/her Manager
to review status and receive assistance in problem solving.
Provides specialized engineering know-how and assures the technical
effectiveness of the inspection function within the plant. Specific
functions involve inspection procedure documentation and gauging,
as well as maintenance and troubleshooting the quality performance
feedback system relating to waiver, rework, credit, quality costs,
complaints and audit data.
Projects include leadership of lean/six sigma/WCM activities and
routine maintenance of quality systems and troubleshooting
problems, which impede the effective operation of quality
functions. He/she will initiate steps to explore, in some detail,
the precise nature of the problem and identify possible corrective
On team projects, the incumbent may formulate independent
evaluation or propose changes. This may involve gathering
inspection data on finished products, analytical data and
determining statistically significant shifts that may have occurred
with final product. The incumbent may design production tests,
including the gathering of process data to determine causes of
specific quality issues.
The incumbent will ensure the proper functioning of the system that
has been established to convey customer quality requirements to
production. This role will also manage Plant cost savings
- Bachelor's Degree - Engineering or related technical field;
Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial preferred. - Required
- Master's Degree - Engineering or MBA - Preferred
- 5 years - Process Engineering in a manufacturing environment or
3+ years in chemical processing engineering - Required
- 1+ years - With Lean/WCM concepts/project roles - Required
- Ability to develop, create, justify, and implement engineering
projects - Required
- Strong mechanical aptitude, in addition to excellent
organizational and communication skills - Required
- Ability to work in a team based environment and to work
collaboratively to solve problems - Required
- Knowledge and experience with 6 sigma, lean manufacturing,
kaizen, WCM - Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite - Required
- AutoCAD LT and process control systems experience -
- Demonstrated problem solving/analytical ability. Statistical
analysis/design experimentation skills, basic quality principles. -
- Self-motivated and independent. Strong organizational and time
management skills. - Required
Keywords: Limitless Talent Solutions, Bryan , Process Engineer, Engineering , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!