Assistant News Director
Posted on: September 21, 2022
KAGS in College Station, a TEGNA Media Company, is looking for
the most creative, innovative and experienced Assistant News
Director to lead day-to-day editorial coverage while overseeing
content creation and distribution along multiple platforms. If you
want to lead by example, inspiration and results, this position is
* Write, produce urgent, bold and innovative news content across
tv, digital and social media
* Coordinate and oversee all daily newsgathering efforts by
reporters, anchors and news producers
* Strategically lead, inspire and manage the News Department and
* Work in close collaboration with KCEN-TV to share, prioritize,
optimize and distribute daily news and information
* Recruit, hire and retain newsroom staff, including talent
* Collaborate with all news staff to produce high-quality,
relevant, urgent local content that sets the station apart from
* Prioritize all tv, digital and social media content on a daily
basis to engage with viewers
* Coach, and inspire on-air talent, news producers to foster a "one
newsroom" approach to content and distribution
* Teach staff to develop content through social listening and
* Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research,
discover, and distribute content
* Participates in daily post-mortem meetings, which involve
critiquing that day's shows and growing/developing talent
* Lead with a competitive spirit in order to win the news of the
* Perform any additional duties, as assigned, to drive and fulfill
the mission while abiding by the values of the organization.
* Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism preferred with a proven
track record of successful innovative leadership, communication,
and both staff and product development skills.
* Be a proven winner in breaking news content on all platforms
* Prior experience as a newsroom manager, content manager,
producer, or anchor required.
* Solid journalistic judgment and a news philosophy that emphasizes
accurate, fair and unique local content, along with community
* Experience with and understanding of digital metrics tools to
make data-driven decisions
* Strong ethical standards and integrity are a must.
* Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and
* Strong social media skills, including an active news presence on
Twitter and Facebook.
* Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
* Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical
* Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the
time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the
time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves
the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells
empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers
innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51
U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network
affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups,
reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households
nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime
Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers
innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across
television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including
Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information,
visit [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by
the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug
free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage
and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal
appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family
responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational
school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic
information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Keywords: Tegna, Bryan , Assistant News Director, Executive , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!