Chief Executive Officer
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: January 21, 2023
The Hospital CEO is responsible for the overall operations of the
Hospital, and all related organizations in the market. The CEO
exercises management responsibility to ensure efficient services
that are designed to meet the needs of patients, physicians, the
public and staff. The CEO also provides support to the Board of
Directors and Surgery Partners (the management company), and is the
primary liaison between the Board, Surgery Partners, and the staff
of the organizations. The CEO is held accountable for the overall
success of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree strongly preferred
(e.g., Healthcare Administration, Business
- Minimum of five years of directly related experience with
healthcare facilities of similar size and structure.
- Experience developing and motivating staff, as well as an
understanding of the general principles of human resources
management and employment law.
- Computer proficiency and data analysis experience. Demonstrated
experience in developing and overseeing large budgets and leading
and implementing strategic planning initiatives.
- Proven ability to create effective working relationships with
physicians, staff, Board members and the community.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and complex organizational
- Must maintain confidentiality concerning patient personal,
financial and medical information.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to continually address
and shift priorities, meet deadlines and work in a stressful
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to speak to
large and diverse groups.
- Must present a professional appearance, providing a positive
image of the organization to the public.
- Must exercise considerable judgment and discretion.
- Regular attendance and the ability to work long hours is
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Board and Management Company Administration and Support - The
Hospital Market CEO supports the operations and administration of
the Board of Directors and Surgery Partners National Group
Management Team by maintaining continual, open and effective
communication between the Board, the Surgery Partners National
Group Management Team, and the Medical Staff.
- Medical Staff Liaison - The Hospital Market CEO facilitates
relationships between the physicians and its related organizations.
The CEO recognizes that the ongoing strength and success of the
organizations relies heavily on the strength and success of our
medical staff and engages them accordingly. The CEO also
participates in issues surrounding ethics and quality.
- Community and Public Relations - Through exceptional
communication and interpersonal skills, the Hospital Market CEO
assures that the organization's and their mission, programs and
essential services are consistently presented in a strong, positive
image to relevant stakeholders.
- Compliance - The Hospital Market CEO will ensure the
organization comply with local, state and federal laws and
regulations as they apply to operations of the
- Strategic Planning - The Hospital Market CEO stays current with
general trade and industry conditions and their potential impact on
the organizations' policies and operations and, in collaboration
with the Surgery Partners National Group Management Team, develops
the short-term and long-term strategic plan for the organization
and its offered services. The CEO ensures the plan is articulated
both internally and externally, and effectively delegates key
activities to ensure timely execution of the strategic plan
- Delivery of Healthcare Services - The Hospital Market CEO has
overall responsibility for the design, marketing, promotion,
delivery, risk management and quality of all healthcare programs
and services provided to the community. The CEO ensures that
policies and practices effectively support sound sand safe patient
care, and that the delivery of healthcare services provides the
highest level of a positive experience to the patient.
- Financial Management - The Hospital Market CEO recommends
yearly budgets for Board and Management Company approval and
ensures prudent management of the resources within those budgetary
guidelines according to current laws and regulations. The CEO
ensures that appropriate internal and management controls are
established and maintained.
- Human Resources Management - The Hospital Market CEO organizes
function of the Great Falls organizations through appropriate
delegation, ensures effective management of the human resources of
the organizations according to current, authorized personnel
policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and
regulations. The CEO completes annual evaluations for direct
reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Facilities Management - The Hospital Market CEO oversees the
preservation n of the asset value of the Great Falls Clinic
organizations' capital investments, oversees the management of
construction and facility rehabilitation activities, and ensures
disaster and emergency preparedness activities are appropriately
planned, exercised and documented.
The Hospital Market CEO will perform other duties as assigned by
the Surgery Partners National Group Leadership Team.
The Hospital Market CEO leads the Executive Team and directly
supervises the Leadership team.
The Hospital Market CEO reports directly to the Surgery Partners
National Group President of Operations (or SVP of Operations).
- Works indoors in a well-lit, climate-controlled
- Frequent sitting and walking.
- Frequent use of hands and fingers to manipulate a computer
keyboard and mouse.
- Frequent use of telephone, printer, photocopier and other
office machines, as needed.
- Occasional standing, stooping, stretching and bending.
- Occasional lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Visual acuity sufficient to use a computer and other office
- Ability to hear normal conversation.
- Ability to speak in order to communicate with a diverse range
of individuals and groups.
- Ability to maintain composure during periods of intense
pressure and volatility.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Bryan , Chief Executive Officer, Executive , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!