NURSERY MANAGER-NURSING; FULL TIME; DAY SHIFT
Company: Catholic Health Initiatives
Posted on: March 10, 2019
Position Type:FULL TIMEScheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period:80Primary Location:TX > BRYAN > REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER
- JOB SUMMARY
- Clinical Coordinator Newborn Nursery, & Neonatal Program Manager, assists the Director with operational issues related to coordination of patient care, development and evaluation of employees, utilization of resources, and performance improvement. In the absence of the Director, assumes responsibility for the management of the unit.
- Required: RN
- Preferred: Mater's Degree in Nursing
- Required: Nursing
- Preferred: N/A
- Required: Minimum of 4 years total nursing experience with a minimum of 2 years in a surgical post op nursing setting. Minimum of 2 years charge nurse experience or supervisory experience preferred.
- Preferred: N/A
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: N/A
- Required: Registered Nurse by the State of Texas, Certification in BLS & NRP
- Preferred: N/A
- Standard of Care: Assists with implementation of standards and scope of care for unit. Assists with writing, reviewing, implementing and enforcing policies and competencies. Oversees implementation of new processes and policies.
- Implementation: Prepares patients physically, psychologically, and spiritually for treatments, , surgeries and diagnostic studies to help reduce patient anxiety. Knows patients' conditions and reports significant changes to Charge Nurse/Team Leader, and/or physician. Transcribes or verifies transcription by others physician orders and is responsible for seeing these orders are carried out. Follows infection control policies in all aspects of care. Starts and maintains intravenous infusions, including the administration of IV medications. Administers medications and notes patients' reactions. Follows policy, procedure and standards of hospital and department. Floats to other areas as necessary for patient safety. Demonstrates understanding of department specific equipment (i. e., safe use, requisitions, trouble shooting). Initiates falls prevention, wound and other programs and protocols as indicated by assessment findings.
- Problem Resolution: Designs, directs, evaluates, and documents the plan of care, patient/family teaching and preliminary discharge planning to ensure that all aspects of the patient's stay are addressed in a reverent manner. Works with other clinical disciplines to meet specialized patient care and discharge needs. Assists Director with counseling of employees per policy and documents appropriately. Investigates, documents, and does follow-up on patient and personnel complaints, incident reports and medication variances.
- Unit Staffing: Assists with interviewing, hiring and evaluating staff per policy; Helps ensure licensure, competencies and mandatory inservices for staff are current.; Completes unit schedule in timely fashion; In the absence of the Director, assumes responsibility for the management of the unit.
- Evaluation: Reassesses patients at appropriate intervals following interventions. Notifies physician as necessary to modify interventions. Adjusts nursing care to meet patient's emerging and changing needs.
- Documentation: Documents response to treatments, medications, therapies and teaching to assure that patient's records are up-to-date. Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care to ensure accurate documentation of said observations. Maintains accurate documentation of interventions and supplies used. Completes and documents chart checks to comply with current policy.
- Privacy: Assures privacy of all patient information to protect patient rights and meet HIPPA guidelines. Reports suspected violations immediately.
- Report Skills: Gives and receives report at the bedside. Provides an accurate and comprehensive report to the oncoming shift to help establish continuity of patient care. Receives report from off-going shift and delegates tasks as needed to provide continuity of care according to coworker's experience, abilities and the patient's acuity.
- Environment & Patient Safety: Maintains patient and work environment to maximize safe working space. Promptly removes all used and soiled equipment, linen, etc. to appropriate location. BMV scanning rates comply with current policy. Reports all patient safety and hazard concerns immediately.
- Supplies: Assists Director to ensure that staff nurses accurately document charges and supplies used.
- Time Management: Assists Director as requested with tracking time and attendance, overtime analysis, adherence to HR attendance policies and counsels accordingly.
- Professional & Educational: Maintains RN license according to Texas BNE Guidelines; remains current in mandatory inservice; attends hospital and external inservices to keep abreast of current practices in critical care; assists with the orientation of new employees and float staff; conducts weekly meetings with preceptors and orientees to determine progress, needs, etc. Competent to perform skills as required on unit skills checklist. Develop curriculum and processes to continuously support the learning and development of the department.
- License and Competency: Maintains RN license to adhere to Texas Board of Nursing Guidelines and serve the organization in a licensed capacity. Takes responsibility for meeting competency requirements. Assists with the orientation of new employees and floated staff as requested and assigned.
- Meeting/In-service Attendance: Attends in-services, workshops, and reads current journals to keep abreast of new developments in the medical and nursing fields. Attends 6 unit meetings per year, all mandatory in-services, and completes annual competencies. Attends other meetings as designated by Director.
- Management: Attends meetings as assigned by Director; assists with monthly unit meetings and ongoing communication with employees; maintains open communication with other departments to coordinate efficient patient care; participates in bed management and bi-weekly discharge planning rounds; works with Director to guide performance improvement initiatives; assists with other hospital functions such as performance Improvement, quality assurance audits, unit councils/teams, Nurses' Week functions.
- Neonatal Patient Care Services: Responsible for monitoring the provision for neonatal patient care services from admission, stabilization, through discharge, inclusive of the Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Neonatal Medical Director Liaison:Collaborates with the Neonatal Medical Director in areas to include, but not limited to: developing and/or revising policies, procedures and guidelines, assuring staff competency, education, and training, the QAPI Program, and regular participation in the maternal AQAPI meeting.
- Collaborative Relationships:Develop collaborative relationships with other NPM(s) of designated facilities within the application Perinatal Care Region.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
Keywords: Catholic Health Initiatives, Bryan , NURSERY MANAGER-NURSING; FULL TIME; DAY SHIFT, Executive , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!