Patient Access Manager II at CHI St Joseph Hospital in Bryan TX
Posted on: July 26, 2019
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiativesfamily,
Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise
toclients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our
clientsstrengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve
their communitiesand succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer
Health helps organizationstransition from volume to value-based
care, enhance the consumer and patienthealthcare experience and
improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are youready to be
part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the
resources and incentives toredefine healthcare services, with a
competitive benefits package andleadership to take your career to
the next step! JOB SUMMARY Responsible for leading all daily
Patient Accessoperations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
ANDRESPONSIBILITIESInclude thefollowing. Others may be assigned.
- Assists in preparation for both shortand long range planning
recommendations for all Registration Process areasincluding:
pre-service and point-of-service financial clearance activities
andPatient Access functions. Activelypractice budget/cost
- Develop and implement action plans asidentified.
- Manages all operational metrics toensure the department meets
client and Conifer goals including, but not limitedto Service Level
Agreements and budgetary guidelines.
- Consistently manages staffing activitiesin areas of
responsibility. Thisincludes documentation and identification of
needs, selection of staff, wage/salaryactivities, orientation and
training. Grow/Mentor supervisors and ensure staff engagement and
commitment tostrategy, mission and goals. Communicate proactively
and positively with directsupervisor to ensure personal growth in
knowledge and skill set.
- Enforces departmental policies,practices, procedures and work
rules in accordance with approved hospitalpolicies and assists in
the development of new policies according to hospitaland corporate
- Consistently communicates appropriateinformation to staff and
provides feedback to Director and CFO. Communicates deficits and
problems tosupervisor with recommended solutions for improvements.
SUPERVISORYRESPONSIBILITIES This position carriesout supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies
andprocedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities
includeinterviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning and directingwork; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressingcomplaints and resolving
problems. Direct Reports (titles) Supervisor, PAIndirect Reports
(titles) Rep,PA I-IVReports to (titles) Director I or II or Market
Director not onsiteLeadership: Can be standalone leader at a
hospitalfacilityCannot be MGR, PA II if PAD is on-site
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,ABILITIES To perform this jobsuccessfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential
dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of theknowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be madeto enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal andorganizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership and managementabilities
- Thorough knowledge of computer systemsin Health Care
- Clear understanding of Revenue CycleManagement and Regulatory
- Ability to receive and express detailedinformation through oral
and written communications.
- Strong knowledge and ability to driveoperational metrics.
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCEInclude minimumeducation, technical training,
and/or experience required to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of Health Care Supervisoryexperience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of relationshipbetween Admitting, Clinical
Areas, Financial Areas, and pre-service andpoint-of-service
financial clearance activities. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical
demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position WORK ENVIRONMENT The
work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative
of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential
- Hospital Work Environment OTHER
- Must be available to work hours and daysas needed based on
- Must be 'on-call' as needed Job: Patient AccessPrimary
Location: Bryan, TexasJob Type: Full-timeShift Type: Days
Keywords: Tenet, Bryan , Patient Access Manager II at CHI St Joseph Hospital in Bryan TX, Executive , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!