PACU Registered Nurse
Company: ST.JOSEPH REGIONAL HEALTH CTR
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more
than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals
to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community. CHI St. Joseph Health Regional
Hospital located in Bryan, TX is a level II Trauma hospital. Our
PACU consists of 22 rooms & has a phenomenal leadership team &
great overall culture!
Responsibilities As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for
delivering the highest quality patient care according to the
specific orders of each patient's individual physician. This will
involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients
and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this PACU role include:
1. Utilizes the nursing process to ensure appropriate patient care
is provided in a cost effective, quality driven, and patient
focused manner. Collects pertinent social, psychological,
developmental and spiritual data from the patient, significant
others and other health care team members.
2. Performs as ongoing assessment, formulates nursing diagnosis and
goals, plans appropriate interventions, and evaluates the outcome
of the interventions.
3. Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according
to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal
and quality patient care requirements.
4. Provides appropriate teaching and information to patients and
families including information on Pain Management, Nutrition, Skin
Integrity, Fall prevention, Diabetes, Disease Process, Smoking
Cessation, and Discharge instructions.
5. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of the patient,
Hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment
measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision
-making, and ensuring patient safety.
6. Uses interventions substantiated by research as appropriate in
the patient population, Participates in research activities,
identifies opportunities for research, and collaborates with the
Outcomes managers and department.
7. Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the
quality and the effectiveness of nursing practice. Assists in
collecting quality data, analyzes the data, and formulates action
plans to improve quality care.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our
faith-based health system.
Additional requirements for this role include:
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice
in our state
* Graduate of an accredited nursing program. Associates Degree in
* One year experience as a Registered Nurse (emergency or critical
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required
* Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred
* Additional certification or licensure may be required for some
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care unit, coronary, infusion,
intensive care, intensive care unit, maternal, psychiatric,
Keywords: ST.JOSEPH REGIONAL HEALTH CTR, Bryan , PACU Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!