Physical Therapist - Full Time PT, Guardian/Amedisys Home Health Bryan, TX
Posted on: June 23, 2022
CONNECT WITH US! Discover insights on what to expect as a Job
Candidate with Amedisys. Take 3 minutes to view our Welcome to
Amedisys Video - https://vimeo.com/640032567
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Responsible for helping patients maintain, restore, and improve
movement, activity, and function thereby enabling optimal
performance and enhancing health, well-being, and quality of life.
Under a physician approved plan of care, this position is
responsible for providing interventions, conducting reexaminations,
modifying interventions as necessary, and performing discharge
- Provides a comprehensive patient examination / evaluation at
the initial visit upon receipt of referral.
- Reassesses the patient at a minimum of every 30 days. Makes
necessary revisions to the patient's plan of care in conjunction
with the physician and documents the patient's continual care
- Provides physical therapy patient/client management, including
interventions in accordance with the physician approved plan of
- Provides documentation of each visit according to the APTA
Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for
inclusion in the patient's clinical record.
- Provides coordination of care by participating in
interdisciplinary team and by observing, recording, and reporting
the patient's response to treatment and any change in the patient's
condition to the team.
- Identifies the patient's need for other disciplines and
services and initiates the appropriate referrals. Provides
resources for future needs.
- Acts as a consultant to other care providers as needed.
- Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately, and according
to OASIS user's manual definitions.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants (PTA) in accordance with
applicable municipal, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Provides consistent patient care oversight.
- Remains accessible by telecommunication, conducts regularly
scheduled and documented conferences with the PTA, and makes
supervisory visits to the patient.
- Assesses competence of PTA in performing assigned
- Remains available upon request of the PTA for reexamination of
the patient in instances of a noted change in the patient's medical
status, response to interventions or a discharge or discontinuation
from physical therapy services.
- Includes documentation of supervisory activities in the
patient's medical record.
- Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart
audit activities, quality improvement activities including OBQI and
OBQM, and peer-review activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the
physical therapist-client relationship.
- Makes recommendations for follow-up care in coordination with
the care center that admitted the patient and utilizes other care
center care providers to assist with referrals to community
- Supervises the Home Health Aide when SN is not active in the
case. Communicates plan of care changes to the Aide and other
appropriate staff as necessary.
- Keeps abreast of physical therapy trends and knowledge for the
service provision, documentation, and care coordination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice physical therapy
specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the
- Graduate from an accredited physical therapy educational
program as set by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical
Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- One (1+) year related physical therapy experience for PTs
entering home health care to ensure that knowledge and skills are
sufficient to safely provide physical therapy services to patients.
- If less than one (1) year experience, then approval from
regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring
and/or residency program established.
- Current CPR certification.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employeesCOME JOIN AMEDISYS! See why
health care providers select Amedisys as their employer of choice!
The Amedisys Strategy in 4 Minutes -
Keywords: Amedisys, Bryan , Physical Therapist - Full Time PT, Guardian/Amedisys Home Health Bryan, TX, Healthcare , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!