Surgical Technician I
Company: Common Spirit
Posted on: August 3, 2022
CHI St. Joseph Health - College Station/Bryan TX Since 1936 CHI St.
Joseph Health has been caring for the communities in Bryan College
Station Brenham Hearne Navasota Caldwell Madisonville and
Bellville. With the area's only Level II Trauma Center the first
Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and the first
accredited Chest Pain Center in the Brazos Valley; CHI St. Joseph
Health is a leader in critical care and the largest provider of
cardiovascular care in the region. As an integrated healthcare
system CHI St. Joseph Health includes a comprehensive network of
over 100 employed providers including primary care physicians
specialists and advanced practice clinicians. The network includes
more than 20 ambulatory clinics featuring primary care a
freestanding Emergency Room Express Clinics and imaging and
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Assists in patient care and preparation of surgical patients
Performs scrub duties and related procedures
Accountable for ensuring cleaning and maintenance of supplies and
equipment for selected specialty.
Performs in the advanced roles of preceptor, service specialist and
instrument room liaison.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists surgical team in the scrubbing role according to
2. Maintains sterile field. Reports immediately any breaks in
3. Passes instruments, suture products, medication, and sponge
materials to surgeon.
4. Assists with retracting of tissue and organs, and suctioning by
holding the retracting instrument which has been placed by the
5. Electrosurgical current may be applied as directed by the
surgeon, to an established instrument placed by the surgeon.
6. Performs surgical counts with the RN according to policy and
7. Assures appropriate equipment and supplies are available for
8. Assists in housekeeping duties as directed to insure safe
9. Assists RN with circulator duties while under direct
10. Performs additional activities and duties as directed.
11. Secretarial duties as needed.
Required Licensure and Certifications
* High School Diploma/GED
* Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) or Certified Surgical First
Assistant (CST/CSFA) required as of September 1, 2010
* American Heart Association BLS CPR
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* C-section/Labor & Delivery experience preferred
* None required
Keywords: Common Spirit, Bryan , Surgical Technician I, Healthcare , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!