Flight RN - Flight Nurse or Critical Care Flight Nurse
Company: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Posted on: January 18, 2023
CHI St. Joseph Health - College Station/Bryan TX Since 1936 CHI St.
Joseph Health has been caring for the communities in Bryan College
Station Brenham Hearne Navasota Caldwell Madisonville and
Bellville. With the area's only Level II Trauma Center the first
Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and the first
accredited Chest Pain Center in the Brazos Valley; CHI St. Joseph
Health is a leader in critical care and the largest provider of
cardiovascular care in the region. As an integrated healthcare
system CHI St. Joseph Health includes a comprehensive network of
over 100 employed providers including primary care physicians
specialists and advanced practice clinicians. The network includes
more than 20 ambulatory clinics featuring primary care a
freestanding Emergency Room Express Clinics and imaging and
* Under the direction and supervision of the Base Medical
Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing safe,
comprehensive care to critically ill and/or injured patients of all
ages. Care is provided in the pre-hospital setting and during
inter-facility transports by understanding and applying the
specialized principles and techniques of flight nursing practice,
emergency procedures and diagnostics.
* Performs a wide range of specialized functions and complex
assessments, diagnoses, therapies and emergency treatment of
patients transported by rotor-wing and/or fixed wing and/or
* Maintains knowledge base for flight nursing role by attending
mandatory meetings, chart reviews, equipment reviews, skill labs,
clinical rotations, and continuing education sessions related to
the care and transport of critically ill and/or injured
* Maintains and facilitates effective and timely communication
between management, internal and external customers.
* Documents appropriate and accurate information for assessment and
treatment during stabilization and transport.
* Documents accurate and complete billing information of patient
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s
* Required: Associate's Degree
* Required: Nursing
* Required: Minimum of three (3) years of current critical
care/emergency experience Flight or transport
* Preferred: Five (5) years experience of current critical
care/emergency experience Flight.
* Required: Basic computer skills; basic communication skills
required for interfacing with all levels of personnel and
* Required: Current active RN license issued by the state of Texas
and in good standing with the issuing authority. DSHS EMT-Basic
Certification. American Heart Association BLS CPR
* ACLS and PALS, PHTLS obtained within 6 months of hire.
* Preferred: NRP, Instructor certification, CFRN within 24 months
Keywords: CHI Saint Joseph Health, Bryan , Flight RN - Flight Nurse or Critical Care Flight Nurse, Healthcare , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!