Care Coordinator RN - Med Surg
Company: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Posted on: May 15, 2023
Care Coordinator RNOverview
CHI St. Joseph Health - College Station/Bryan TX Since 1936 CHI St. Joseph Health has been caring for the communities in Bryan College Station Brenham Hearne Navasota Caldwell Madisonville and Bellville. With the area's only Level II Trauma Center the first Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and the first accredited Chest Pain Center in the Brazos Valley; CHI St. Joseph Health is a leader in critical care and the largest provider of cardiovascular care in the region. As an integrated healthcare system CHI St. Joseph Health includes a comprehensive network of over 100 employed providers including primary care physicians specialists and advanced practice clinicians. The network includes more than 20 ambulatory clinics featuring primary care a freestanding Emergency Room Express Clinics and imaging and diagnostic services.
* The RN Care Coordinator will provide personalized management for patients across the continuum of care as part of St. Joseph Health Partners Clinical Integration Initiatives. The Care Coordinator will navigate patients through the healthcare delivery system (inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory settings) for patients actively needing/ seeking care and will also engage patients who have been identified as needing interventions but not yet actively seeking assistance from their provider.
* Set clear expectations for patient responsibilities, support patient self-management in recovery, and establish feedback loops between patients and providers to identify complications early on.
* Proactively identify solutions to promote low acuity utilization before complications become high priority.
* Leverage data to identify changes in the health status of well-managed patients.
* Identify and implement case plans that are patient centric. Communicate with patients using the patients preferred method of communication.
* Understand value-based reimbursement models and the great impact they have on St. Joseph Health Partners.
* Follow evidence-based care pathways, coordinating care across multiple provider sites, and ensure patients follow recommended recovery care plans.
* Encourage informed patients to select appropriate treatment options and engage in self- management.
* Collaborate with both St. Joseph's providers and staff within their offices/clinics and also with healthcare providers in the community not affiliated with St. Joseph. Focus on cultivating collaborative working relationships with all community providers who interact with our patients with the goal of providing patient centric care.
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
* Work with CI Executive Director and CI Outcomes Management to identify best practices for care coordination.
* Participate in workflow committees to develop best practices.
* Required: Associates Degree RN
Preferred: Bachelors Science in Nursing, BSN
* Required: 5-7 years nursing experience
Preferred: 5-7 years (Case Management, Utilization Management, ER, ICU, Home Health, or Hospice)
* Required: Computer skills to include navigating complex reporting software and Microsoft Office.
Ability to articulate care plan and patient needs to providers. Ability to identify patient self-directed care plans.
* Required: RN from Texas Board of Nursing
Care Coordinator RNOverview
Keywords: CHI Saint Joseph Health, Bryan , Care Coordinator RN - Med Surg, Healthcare , Bryan, Texas
here to apply!