Registered Respiratory Therapist
Company: BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Registered Respiratory Therapist Seasonal PositionSign-on and
Completion Bonus Available!Seasonal Contract is 13
weeksFacility/Location: BSW College Station, TexasShift/Schedule:
FT Nights (12-hour shifts)JOB SUMMARYThe Registered Respiratory
Therapist (RRT) Seasonal PRN has advanced knowledge and training of
the cardiopulmonary system that is used to manage and treat
patients. Therapists will use different scientific methods,
therapies and techniques to optimize patient care and
outcomes.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs and directs the administration of respiratory care
services (including but not limited to oxygen therapy, aerosol
therapy, inhaled medication, airway clearance, invasive and
non-invasive ventilation and bedside spirometry), as ordered by a
patients attending physician, in a quality manner that is in
accordance with established procedures. Administers cardiopulmonary
resuscitation in emergency situations.
- Reviews physician s orders, examines patient s diagnostic test
results and provides appropriate therapy based on the patients
current clinical condition. If appropriate, implements approved
protocols as directed by physician.
- Performs routine and advanced respiratory therapy prioritizing
patient needs in a rapidly changing environment.
- Instructs patient in the use of various respiratory care
equipment in a thorough and professional manner. Assesses patient
response to therapy and coaches the patient to improve
- Documents all treatments and therapies given, any supplies
used, and accurately files all corresponding charges. Reports
outcomes of therapeutic interventions and makes recommendations as
- Adheres to established policies including but not limited to
infection control and isolation policies, HIPPA, time and
attendance and social media.
- Works willingly and professionally with other employees,
healthcare professionals and students.
- Takes responsibility and initiative to know and complete any
professional or technical requirements set by leadership.
- Incorporates values continuous quality improvement in all of
aspects of clinical care, identifying opportunities as
appropriate.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- General knowledge of Respiratory Care modalities, therapies,
equipment and medications.
- Must be able to read, write and follow flow chart protocols as
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
- Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to data
entry, information security, electronic medical documentation,
handheld scanning and email.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits
package includes the following.
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelQUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION - Associate's or 2 years of
work experience above the minimum qualification
EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Basic Life Support (BLS)
Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP): Licensed by the State of Texas
Medical Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
Reg Respiratory Therapist (RRT): Registered Respiratory Therapist
(RRT) from the National Board Respiratory Care.
Associated topics: aso, crt, resp, respiratory, respiratory care,
respiratory therapist, rrt, therapist
Keywords: BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE, Bryan , Registered Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!