Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical (Med/Surg)
Company: Pearland Medical Center
Posted on: September 19, 2018
Pearland Medical Center - Pearland, Texas Registered Nurse - Med/Surg Schedule: Full Time, Nights As a vital member of the HCA Healthcare System, Pearland Medical Center shares the strength of more than 165 hospitals across the United States and England, including The Woman's Hospital of Texas and Clear Lake Regional Medical Center. Pearland Medical Center specialties:
- Our Women's Diagnostic Imaging Center offers the most comprehensive care in the Pearland area, using the very latest in imaging. Our 3D mammography is the first of its kind in the area. It offers the most accurate imaging of any technology ever developed to detect breast cancer early.
- Pearland Medical Center's Cardiovascular Services will feature a cross-functional team of cardiologists, including the first stenting services offered in Pearland.
- Our Imaging Center will offer everything from X-rays to CT scans and more. Plus, we have experienced radiologists to analyze every detail, ensuring you have the absolute most accurate diagnoses.
- Our Outpatient Services have everything you need in one place: imaging, diagnosis and treatment.
- Surgery in Pearland from world-class surgeons? Of course. General surgery, spine, GYN, urology and much, much more. Earning the title to Pearland Medical Center focuses on the needs of women, men and their families. With The Woman's Hospital of Texas at Pearland Medical Center staff and our Women's Diagnostic Imaging Center, you'll find the most advanced care in OB/GYN, reproductive issues and breast health. We offer a Level II NICU for premature infants, and we are partners with the Level III NICU at The Woman's Hospital of Texas in case of extreme needs. Pearland Medical Center is currently accepting applications for Registered Nurse - Med/Surg. Responsibilities: -- Communication Skills: Verbal (with patients, families, grieving persons)[Use of SBAR when dealing with physicians and their offices, interdepartmental communication] Written (documentation of patient care) Telephone (Pertaining to etiquette including HIPAA information) -- Physical Assessment of the Adult with acute and chronic illness, Infection Control Issue/Safety. -- Proficiency in IV starts & ability to access implanted ports. -- Administration of Medications - knowledge of commonly utilized medications/proficiency with IV push medications, initiation and management of PCA infusion. -- Aseptic Technique with regard to wounds, surgical sites, and catheter insertions. -- Management of airways - oxygen set-up (nasal cannula, ventimask, NRB, trach collar, BIPAP, Suctioning (oral, Nasal and tracheal), and tracheotomy care. -- Management of the patient in cardiac and respiratory arrest. -- Management of the patient with decubitus: staging, selection of surface, and encourages mobility. -- Management of drains (NG, OG, and PEG, chest tube, paracentesis). -- Obtains consents (surgical, chemotherapy etc), prepares patients for procedures (including boarding pass, etc) such as Endoscopy, Cardiac Catheterizations, Bronchoscopy, Thoracentesis (Especially at bedside), MRI/MRA -- Management of blood transfusions - obtains consents, blood justifications forms and refusal for blood transfusions. Monitors for transfusion reactions. -- Management of the Peritoneal dialysis patient. QUALIFICATIONS: -- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing -- Current RN licensure issued by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners -- BCLS required
Keywords: Pearland Medical Center, Bryan , Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical (Med/Surg), Healthcare , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!