Company: JEA Senior Living
Posted on: February 26, 2019
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience working with the elderly in a residential or long-term care setting also preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to communicate effectively with residents, families, visitors, and other staff members.
- Must be able to perform job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to pass the necessary tests (i.e., CPR, First Aid, Food Handlers, etc.) if required by state regulations. Essential Functions: Resident Care
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, transferring, and mobility
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and activity while providing personal care assistance
- Responds to all resident needs and/or requests for care promptly, and provides or obtains assistance with care as necessary
- Upholds Residents' Rights at all times
- Supports and upholds all company policies and care philosophy
- Observes residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental, or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, accidents, injuries, or unusual occurrences, and reports promptly to a licensed nurse
- Completes all forms and documentation such as incident reports, change of condition reports, and behavior tracking, as requested, and in a timely manner
- Assists in the dining room during resident meal times
- Encourages residents to participate in scheduled activities and outings, and assists with those activities as needed
- Provides residents with opportunities for self expression and enhanced self esteem through spontaneous individual or small group interaction and activity Housekeeping
- Makes resident beds, empties resident garbage, and tidies resident rooms daily and as needed
- Changes resident bed linens according to facility schedule and as needed due to incontinence
- Changes resident towels on bath days and as needed if soiled
- Assists with resident laundry per shift guidelines
- Maintains resident clothing and clothing closet in a clean, neat and orderly manner
- Cleans dining room tables and chairs after meals and snacks
- Notifies Housekeeper of spills and soiled areas; assists with clean-up as needed. When no Housekeeper is on duty, cleans up spills and soils immediately
- Straightens chairs, pillows and decorative items in common areas as needed, and returns items to appropriate location when found out of place
- Assists in cleaning wheelchairs, walkers, and other resident equipment per facility cleaning schedule and as needed
- Assists with dusting, vacuuming, and other housekeeping duties as assigned Other
- Attends all required staff meetings and in-service training sessions
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and contributes to an atmosphere of team spirit and cooperation within the facility
- Answers phones as needed, in a prompt and courteous manner
- Promotes customer service and positive community relations by treating residents, families, other staff, and all visitors in a courteous, helpful and friendly manner
- Assists with other duties as assigned
Keywords: JEA Senior Living, Bryan , Caregiver, Healthcare , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!