Full time Patient Access Representative III Day shift at CHI St Joeseph hospital in Bryan, TX
Posted on: November 25, 2019
As a partof the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family,
Conifer Health brings 30years of healthcare industry expertise to
clients in more than 135 localregions nationwide. We help our
clients strengthen their financial and clinicalperformance, serve
their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare.Conifer
Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based
care,enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and
improve quality,cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be
part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you
theresources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a
competitivebenefits package and leadership to take your career to
the next step! JOB SUMMARY Responsiblefor a wide range of duties in
support of departmental efficiencies which mayinclude but not
limited to performing registration, patient pre-admission and
admission, reception anddischarge functions, arranging support
Hospital services requested by patientsthrough referrals, performs
thorough analysis of admission discharge transfers(ADT), Revenue
Cycle Reports, leads shift Patient Access Operations,
andcollaborates with Department leaders in process and operational
excellence. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESInclude the
following. Others may be assigned.
- Greetingcustomers following Conifer Standards of Care, provides
world-class customerservice, completes full patient registration at
date of service adheres tofinancial & cash control policies &
procedures, thoroughly explains andsecures Hospital & patient legal
forms (i.e., Advance Directives,Conditions of services, Consent for
treatment, Important Message from Medicare,EMTALA, etc.). Scan
Protected Health Information, create and file patientinformation
packets/folders for upcoming Hospital services. May also assist
with scheduling diagnostic orsurgical procedures, conducting
physician office/patient interviews, andexplains hospital procedure
guidelines and policies.
- Providesfull patient financial counseling, education &
referrals, employs andcompletes all patient liability collection
escalations through proper,compliant patient liability collection
techniques before, during & afterdate of service, performs Hospital
cash reconciliation & secured paymententry in adherence to
financial & cash control policies & procedures.
- Securesmedical necessity checks/verification in accordance to
Centers for Medicare& Medicare services, verifies insurance,
benefits, coverage &eligibility, completes assigned
registration financial clearance work listsactivities, obtains
insurance authorizations for scheduled & unscheduledHospital
services, and secures inpatient visit notification to payors.
- Performsthorough analysis of admission discharge transfers
(ADT), Revenue CycleReports, leads shift Patient Access Operations,
and collaborates withDepartment leaders in process and operational
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIESTo perform this job successfully, an
individualmust be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirementslisted below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or abilityrequired. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Minimumtyping skills of 35 wpm
- Demonstratedworking knowledge of
- Knowledgeof function and relationships within a hospital
- AdvanceCustomer service skills and experience
- Abilityto work in a fast paced environment
- Abilityto receive and express detailed information through oral
- Coursein Medical Terminology required
- AdvancedUnderstanding of Third Party Payor requirements
- AdvancedUnderstanding of Compliance standards preferred
- AdvancedPatient Liability Collection performance and high
achievement in productivity.
- Mustbe able to perform essential job duties in at least three
Patient Accessservice areas including ED
- Usesproper negotiation techniques to professionally collect
money owed by ourPatients/Guarantors.
- Buildsand maintains collaborative relationships with both
internal and externalClients that lead to more effective
communication and a higher level ofproductivity and accuracy.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCEInclude minimum education, technical
training,and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- HighSchool Diploma or GED required
- 2-4years of experience in medical facility, health insurance,
or related area.
- 2+years in Patient Access preferred.
- Somecollege coursework is preferred PHYSICAL DEMANDS The
physical demands described here arerepresentative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully performthe essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Mustbe able to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of
- Occasionallylift/carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Frequentprolonged standing, sitting, and walking
- Occasionallypush a wheelchair to assist patients with mobility
problems. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics
describedhere are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing theessential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Canwork in patient care locations which include potential
exposure tolife-threatening patient conditions. OTHER
- Mustbe available to work hours and days as needed based on
- ResolvesPhysician's office and Patient issues.
- Mayexperience extreme patient volumes and uncooperative
Patients.Job: Patient AccessPrimary Location: Bryan, TexasJob Type:
Full-timeShift Type: Days
Keywords: Tenet, Bryan , Full time Patient Access Representative III Day shift at CHI St Joeseph hospital in Bryan, TX, Healthcare , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!