Company: Summit LTC
Location: La Grange
Posted on: August 2, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYWe are looking for a Housekeeper to become a part
of our facility's compassionate care-giving team. The successful
candidate will be responsible for performing the day-to-day
activities of the Housekeeping department in accordance with
current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and
regulations governing the facility, and as may be instructed by the
Housekeeping Supervisor, to ensure that the facility is maintained
in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner. We're looking for a
highly competent and well-organized professional who values safety,
security and patient wellness above all else. We focus on providing
the best care possible while ensuring patient satisfaction in every
interaction. The Housekeeper is responsible for making sure those
values are reflected at all times.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
- Perform the day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing service
when performing routine cleaning assignments in patient living
and/or recreational areas.
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with established
- Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean,
safe, comfortable and attractive manner.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and
when using equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that established Infection Control practices are
maintained when performing housekeeping procedures.
- Coordinate routine/terminal isolation procedures with nursing
- Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room
heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms, recreational areas,
etc., daily as instructed.
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures. Ensure
that water marks are removed from fixtures.
- Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas,
bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping,
stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. (NOTE: Ensure that
appropriate CAUTION/SAFETY signs are properly set up PRIOR to
performing such duties.)
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing,
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot
cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using
proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Clean hallways, stairways, and elevators.
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash
receptacle with plastic liner.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to the
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end
of the shift.
- Keep supervisor informed of supply needs.
- Report burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights,
fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc., to your supervisor as
soon as practical.
- Clean vacant rooms as assigned.
- Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as
- Follow established Fire Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as
directed or requested.
- Dispose of refuse daily in accordance with our established
- Ensure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies is
maintained in utility/janitorial closets to perform daily
- Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment,
tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times, as well as
before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the
- Report all accidents/incidents to the supervisor NO MATTER HOW
MINOR THEY MAY BE. (NOTE: Such occurrences must be reported on the
shift in which they occur.)
- Maintain the CONFIDENTIALITY of patient/resident care
- Honor the patients'/residents' personal and property
- Clean work/supply carts, equipment, etc., as
- Turn in all found articles to the supervisor.
- Perform terminal cleaning procedures, as instructed, when a
patient/resident is discharged, and/or transferred to another
- Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous objects, such as
protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies,
- Participates in the overall quality assessment and improvement
- Participate and assist in department studies and projects as
- Attend departmental and staff meetings as directed.
- File complaints/grievances with the supervisor.
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes,
on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled/directed.
- Perform other duties that may become necessary/appropriate to
ensure that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe and
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc.,
and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas in a safe, clean
and comfortable manner.PM21
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or relevant qualification preferred.
- None required. On-the-job training provided.
- Previous cleaning and/or customer service experience of at
least six months preferred.
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the
required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English
language.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form effectively
with all levels of employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Excellent problem solving/analysis/judgment skills and high
level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Builds and maintains cooperative working relationships
- Must possess willingness to work harmoniously with professional
and non-professional personnel.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
clients, supervisors, County employees, elected officials, law
enforcement, other agencies, and the public.
- Resourceful, dependable and accountable
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends,
and holidays.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSNonePHYSICAL
DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical
- Work requires physical activity including extended periods of
walking and standing with occasional climbing, reaching, carrying,
balancing, kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Must have the ability to frequently lift and/or carry
equipment, files, and other materials weighing up to 50 pounds as
well as push/pull up to 50 pounds of force with grip strength of 65
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during
- Must be able to continuously perform simple manipulative
dexterity. Occasionally perform difficult manipulative tasks.
- Must be able to detect the smell of smoke, spoiled food, soiled
- The employee must be able to continuously hear normal sounds
and voice patterns with some background noise. Must have adequate
verbal instructions. Must be able to hear audible emergency
signals, alarms, call, light indicators and to be able to answer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Must be
able to continuously notice a change in the resident (breathing,
color, skin breakdown, etc.).
- Visual abilities, correctable to normal ranges, include close,
distance and color vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus.The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those employee encounters while performing
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work is performed indoors in a health care facility.
- Work is performed during assigned shift; however, hours will
occasionally include varied days, hours, holidays, weekends, and
overtime as needed.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and may need to reschedule
- Is subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc.,
throughout the work day, as well as reactions from dust,
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate,
but can occasionally be loud.
- Incumbents in this position may be exposed to
infectious/communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, and
potential risk of injury from distraught individuals.
- Frequent exposure to chemical compounds of medication and
- Frequent exposure to microbial bacteria and other infectious
agents inherent to care of ill residents.
- Continuous exposure to latex, Tyvex, plastic and/or materials
which are used for personal protective equipment.
- Stress of working with sick residents and their families,
combined with the resident who may be confused, irrational, highly
agitate mood swings. (Frequently)
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and
federal agency personnel and residents.Summit LTC Management, LLC
is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered
for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
Keywords: Summit LTC, Bryan , Housekeeping, Hospitality & Tourism , La Grange, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!