Long Term Care Certified Medication Aide
Company: Burleson St. Joseph Manor
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more
than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals
to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community.
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period:
TX > CALDWELL > SJH BURLESON MANOR
JOB SUMMARY Administers medications to residents according to
physicians' orders and regulatory standards to maximize patient
QUALIFICATIONS * Education o Required: High School Diploma or
o Preferred: N/A * Major o Required: N/A
o Preferred: N/A * Experience o Required: Minimum of 1 year
experience in a long-term care setting
o Preferred: Minimum 1-2 yrs. as C.N.A. in LTC setting * Skills o
o Preferred: N/A * Licensure/Certifications o Required: Certified
as Nursing Aide and Medication Aide on Texas Nurse Aide Registry by
Texas Department of Aging and Disability
o Preferred: N/A
ACCOUNTABILITIES * ESSENTIAL 1. Prepares, administers, and
documents medications following accepted practices and regulations
under the direction and supervision of a Licensed Nurse.
2. Assists residents with activities of daily living including
bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed linens, and
positioning in and out of bed, chair, etc.
3. Assists with resident recreation programs, prepares residents
for meals and snacks. Assists residents in eating where needed and
records food intake.
4. Reads and follows daily care plans; monitors and records vital
signs; reports changes in resident condition to Charge Nurse;
documents care provision on resident record flow sheets as required
and reports accidents and incidents.
5. Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
6. Understands, complies with, and promotes all rules regarding
residents rights. Understands and follows safety and sanitation
rules, and promptly reports any violations to supervisor.
7. Promotes positive relationships with residents, visitors, and
government regulators, to include presenting a professional
appearance and attitude.
8. Attends and participates in training, educational activities and
staff meetings; assist in orientation and training other staff. *
Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organizations
Level II requirements:
- Completes all required annual education courses (within the due
date time frames)
- No disciplinary counseling within the last 6 months
- Performance evaluation score of 3 or greater (most current
- Fewer than 5 occasions in a rolling 12-month period
- Able to develop and train Level I Certified Medication Aide
orientees or Certified Nurse Aides
- Attends at least half (6) staff meetings per
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Associated topics: acute, aide, cardiac, certified home health
aide, chha, clinical, home health, maternity, patient care, stp
Keywords: Burleson St. Joseph Manor, Bryan , Long Term Care Certified Medication Aide, Other , Caldwell, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!