Sr. Scientist-Product Development - (Upstream & Downstream)
Posted on: May 2, 2021
We are Kelly Science and Clinical, the second d largest
scientific staffing firm in the U.S. serving 90% of Fortune 100
companies. We have partnered with one of the top global CDMO's with
over 25 years' experience whose mission is to advance tomorrow's
medicine. Our client partners with the most innovative Biopharma
and Biotech companies across the world who are reimagining
healthcare's potential. (Position is located Northwest of Houston,
TX). Sr Scientist - Product Development - Upstream & Downstream
Overview A global CDMO offering a full range of solutions I the
pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry. Company's focus is to
combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial
fermentation, and gene therapies with world class cGMP facilities
to advance tomorrow's medicines. The Sr. Scientist, Product
Development Upstream & Downstream functions independently and
productively in the Downstream Process Development Group actively
engaged in process development within a team-based product
development laboratory. Responsibilities may include (but are not
limited to) the following:
- Purification methods development of specific protein
- Representation of Downstream PD in a customer/client facing
role including direct communications with internal/external
- Development of downstream protein purification processes and
technical transfer into cGMP.
- Preparation and authoring of technical reports, including
writing, and reviewing SOP's, procedures, instructions, analytical
plans, protocols, and summary reports.
- Technical lead on moderate to large programs.
- Participation in decision-making processes within the project
team by actively engaging in scientific and technical
- Designs, executes, and interprets complex lab experiments and
applies advanced. scientific knowledge associated with larger and
more complex experiments and projects.
- Supervise technical staff including setting objectives and
development plans, performance management, career development,
training, mentoring, guiding, etc. Matrix management
- Originates development ideas and independently applies
scientific knowledge to achieve project goals.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
company policies and applicable laws including interviewing,
hiring, planning, assigning, directing work training and
development, disciplinary actions, performance reviews, addressing
complaints and resolving problems. Working Conditions and Physical
Requirements: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, along with some bending,
stooping, and stretching.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes,
odors, mists and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to wear PPE. Education/Experience Requirements:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting Country.
- Ph.D. in a science related field with 1 year of relevant
experience including some management/supervisory/lead experience;
- Master's Degree in a science related field with 6 years of
relevant experience including some management/supervisory/lead
- Bachelor's Degree in a science related field with eight (8)
years of relevant experience including some
management/supervisory/lead experience. Associates Degree in a
science related field with ten (10) years' experience including
some management/supervisory/lead experience. Technical
- Considerable knowledge/expertise relevant to downstream
processing of protein-based products expressed in mammalian,
bacterial, insect and yeast cells. Knowledge/expertise should be
practical and focused on lab-related activities:
- Downstream development of protein purification processes.
Protein biochemistry (protein folding, protein degradation,
- General analytical methods applicable for proteins (HPLC,
electrophoresis, assay development, etc.).
- Knowledge of cGMP concepts.
- Application of statistical concepts and performs higher level
analysis involving analytical or process experimental design.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in Downstream
technology transfer into cGMP manufacturing. Instrument care,
maintenance, troubleshooting and data interpretation.
- Document writing, data interpretation, presentation,
statistical analysis, and trending. Generous Compensation &
Benefits Package Including Relocation Assistance EOE, including
Disability/Vets Why Kelly -- ? Kelly-- Science & Clinical is your
connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to
hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science
professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and
interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100
percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed. About Kelly -- At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?).
Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best,
and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles,
skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is an equal
opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce,
including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals
with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender
identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. ]]
Keywords: Kelly, Bryan , Sr. Scientist-Product Development - (Upstream & Downstream), Other , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!