Company: Messina Hof
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Messina Hof Company Overview:
Established in 1977, Messina Hof was developed from a family
owned and operated vineyard and winery in Bryan, Texas. Messina Hof
is dedicated to high quality world-class wine production and
genuine hospitality in its winery and resort facilities located in
Bryan, Fredericksburg, Grapevine, and Richmond, Texas. Messina Hof
has doubled in size since 2012, and its annual wine production has
grown to more than 200,000 gallons. Messina Hofs continued
dedication to innovation, excellence, and family traditions is
exemplified in its premium wines of distinction and landmark wine
country destinations. It has also been continuously named the most
awarded winery in Texas. Messina Hof is made up of a team of honest
and passionate people of character that desire to be part of a
rapidly growing company in an exciting and thriving industry.
This position will oversee the day-to-day operations of Messina
Hof Designer Events. It will also be involved with the direct
marketing and selling of Messina Hof Winery and Resort, and is
responsible for the logistics of all events.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Promote dinners, events, parties and repeat sales at the Winery
and Vintage House.
- Serve as an on-site supervisor /execution specialist at each
traditional and non-traditional Designer Event.
- Set-up, execute and wrap-up events for in-house and privately
booked events as assigned on schedule
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures while working DE
events and other shifts
- Attend weekly scheduled event meetings
- Coordinate scheduling needs for events with the Estate General
- Maintain and control event supplies
Maintain all event related spaces, including storage spaces
- Care of the Vintage House Restaurant
Responsible for Messina Hofs high standard of cleanliness and
organization in all areas of the Vintage House including,
restaurant, resource room, gallery and barn.
- Inventory Control
Follow established guidelines for inventory control on a shift
basis, including taste outs and security of wine stock.
- Perform other duties as required including assisting other
departments as needed
- Two to three (2-3) years experience in fine dining restaurant
in front of house and events. Experience in events, retail or a
related field working closely with the public.
- Able to use a personal computer for register transactions, word
processing, spreadsheets and budgeting of expenses incurred, on a
monthly basis. Ability to read P&L's and control cost
- Good communication skills, personnel skills, highly motivated,
and highly organized.
- Must be detail oriented and able to coordinate various
activities simultaneously. Must have excellent organizational
skills and ability to work independently.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have basic wine knowledge to help customer service.
- Ability to deal with guests, co-workers, and business
associates in a courteous and professional manner. Must be people
and hospitality oriented.
- TABC Certificate & Food Handler's Certificate
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The
employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and
stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand
for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to
climb up and down stairs. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Messina Hof Wine Cellars, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
and a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Messina Hof, Bryan , Event Executor, Other , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!