Energy Services Electrician II
Company: Lower Colorado River Authority
Location: La Grange
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Energy Services Electrician II
Apply now Job No: 493635
Location: La Grange, TX
Categories: Operations/Maintenance (Power, Water, Transmission,
At an intermediate level, repairs, installs, replaces and tests
electrical circuits, equipment and appliances in a facilities or
other non-energy services environment. This position utilizes
knowledge and experience in own discipline but is still building
higher-level knowledge and skills. Receives a moderate level of
guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more
What you will do:
- Installs, maintains, removes, inspects, tests, and repairs
electric motors, generators, electrical circuit breakers,
condensers, transformers, switches, communication systems, and
electrical and electronic control equipment and wiring.
- Locates and repairs failures in electrical and electronic
circuits and equipment; installs test apparatus on all electrical
equipment. Implements solutions to electrical and electronic
control system problems.
- Performs maintenance, repair and operational / diagnostic tests
as required on all power apparatus in substations, power plants, or
other installations. Records test results. Develops and prepares
summary of test results in reports.
- Installs and maintains lighting, and other types of electrical
equipment at power plants, communications facilities, substations,
pump houses, dams and other locations.
- Observes and inspects equipment and structures to detect
potential electrical issues (e.g., patrol of transmission
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and general upkeep of
electrical and electronic equipment and test gear.
- Reads/interprets blueprints and drawings, consults manuals,
parts lists, etc., to assist in performing work. Keeps drawings and
schematics up to date and accurate.
- Operates handheld manual tools and power tools in performing
- Operates and transports heavy equipment (e.g., backhoe, dump
truck, small excavator and large excavator) in performing repair
and maintenance tasks.
- May perform low-voltage and high-voltage switching according to
standard procedures and in coordination with System
What qualifications you must have:
Two or more years of experience in maintenance and/or
construction of electrical power generation, transmission,
distribution, substation and control equipment, and/or other types
of electrical equipment, including experience reading blueprints. A
degree(s) in electrical power theory, electronics, instrumentation,
controls, industrial maintenance or relevant field may be
substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of
Successful completion through Level II of the electrician
curriculum of the Power Plants' Craft Qualification Program
substitutes for two years of experience.
Driver's license required for incumbents assigned to the dam &
Class A Texas commercial driver's license or equivalent from
another state required for incumbents with heavy equipment
operation and transportation responsibilities.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work
environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment
decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and
individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance
with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing
nondiscrimination in employment.
Keywords: Lower Colorado River Authority, Bryan , Energy Services Electrician II, Other , La Grange, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!