Director Long Term Care
Company: Burleson St. Joseph Manor
Posted on: June 5, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
Works with the Administrator, consultants, and facility staff in
planning all aspects of nursing services to include interface with
other disciplines and departments to provide quality service to
residents in a long term care facility setting.
- Works with the Administrator, consultants, and facility staff
in planning all aspects of nursing services to include interface
with other disciplines and departments. Establishes priorities and
job assignments; monitors department activities, communicates
policies, evaluates performance, provides feedback and assists,
coaches, redirects and disciplines as needed.
- Maintains records, manages budgets and supplies, and functions
as a member of Administration. Ensures equipment and work areas are
clean, safe and orderly, and any hazardous conditions are
addressed; ensures BSI, infection control, isolation, fire safety,
and sanitation practices and procedures are followed.
- Conducts regular rounds and monitors resident activity,
assesses residents` physical and psychosocial status, and monitors
care activities and documentation to ensure the delivery of nursing
care according to the physicians orders, care plans, government
standards and facility policies; ensures medication administration
is as ordered in accordance with nursing standards and facility
policies. Manages admissions, transfers, and discharge of
residents; communicates with residents, family members and
management regarding resident status.
- Monitors employee relations, assists with recruitment,
maintains high morale and continually strives to improve staff
retention; ensures effective communication, prompt problem
resolution, and positive supervisory practices.
- Develops, updates, revises and regularly reviews nursing
policies and protocols to ensure compliance and minimum standards
- Supervises, conducts, and participates in department and
facility education activities and staff meetings. Ensures units are
staffed with appropriate number of qualified personnel.
- Participates in the assessment and delivery of care when
needed. Investigates and resolves complaints received in a timely
and effective manner.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Preferred: N/A
- Required: 1 year management in healthcare setting
- Preferred: 2+ years management experience in long term
- Required: RN - Licensed by Texas State Board of Nursing
- Preferred: BSN - Licensed by Texas State Board of Nursing
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: Burleson St. Joseph Manor, Bryan , Director Long Term Care, Other , CALDWELL, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!