CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The RN Care Coordinator will provide personalized management for
patients across the continuum of care as part of St. Joseph Health
Partners Clinical Integration Initiatives. The Care Coordinator
will navigate patients through the healthcare delivery system
(inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory settings) for patients actively
needing/ seeking care and will also engage patients who have been
identified as needing interventions but not yet actively seeking
assistance from their provider.
The role performs supervisory duties over care management staff and
activities. The role provides training and technical support,
monitoring caseloads for accuracy in the application of program
rules and regulations, and identifying areas for process
improvement in order to support the care management team. The role
serves as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders in order
to maintain and improve collaborative relationships, exchange
information, and resolve problem areas; and recommends process
improvements. The Care Coordination RN Lead is an integral member
of the health care team as well as the CIN Management and
Operations team. In addition the position collaborates with the
Care Management team on system-wide quality improvement/performance
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Implements training and development plans and opportunities for
Care Management staff.
* Reviews, develops, or modifies work plans, methods, and
procedures, determines work priorities, and develops work schedules
to provide adequate staff coverage
* Supervises and evaluates the work of employees to obtain
information and determine initial and on-going care management
* Resolves problems and mediates conflicts encountered during daily
operations, determines appropriate solutions, and promotes
* Develops the performance enhancement plan, documents performance,
provides performance feedback, evaluates the work of the employee,
and provides reward and recognition for proper and efficient
* Provides work instruction and assists employees with difficult
and/or unusual assignments and encourages innovation
* Encourages regular communication and informs staff of relevant
business issues and their impact on the organization
* Interviews and hires appropriate care management staff with the
CIN management and operational team
* Identify, develop, and implement case plans that are patient
centric. Communicate with patients using the patients preferred
method of communication.
* Understand value-based reimbursement models and the great impact
they have on St. Joseph Health Partners.
* Implement and Follow evidence-based care pathways, coordinating
care across multiple provider sites, and ensure patients follow
recommended recovery care plans.
* Collaborate with both St. Joseph's providers and staff within
their offices/clinics and also with healthcare providers in the
community not affiliated with St. Joseph. Focus on cultivating
collaborative working relationships with all community providers
who interact with our patients with the goal of providing patient
* Proactively identify solutions to promote low acuity utilization
before complications become high priority.
Accountability for results:
* Understands and self-manages to support facility/CIN-level
success goals, including improvements in quality, cost of care and
member experience for the facility/CIN's population.
* Identifies opportunities for improvement (at individual, clinic
and facility/CIN levels) and actively works with healthcare and
facility/CIN team to correct or improve results.
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s
* Work with CIN Director, CIN Operations Manager, and CIN Project
Manager to identify best practices for carecoordination.
* Participate in workflow committees to develop best practices.
Required Licensure and Certifications:
Registered Nurse through State of Texas
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and
: 5-7 years nursing experience, with 1-2 years of applicable
BSN, 5-7 years in case management, ER, ICU, Home Health or Hospice.
Case Management Certification (CCM or ACM.) Demonstrated experience
in case management, discharge planning, and transfer coordination.
Prior leadership experience.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.