Finish Motorgrader Operator
Company: Knife River - Texas Division
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Responsible for safely operating grader to spread and level
dirt, gravel, and stone to grade specifications.
1. A valid Driver's License is preferred.
2. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school
diploma or equivalent.
3. Experience with equipment maintenance & operation.
4. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and
5. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and MVR.
Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections
to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment
2. Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling
and cleaning) on blade/motor grader.
3. Safely and properly operate blade/motor grader including:
regulating height and angle of grader blade, lowering scarifier and
loosening packed soil to permit grading and tilting front wheels of
grader when making sharp turns. Drives grader in successive passes
over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of
assisting worker, to level surface to specified grade. Feels level
and listens to sound of engine to determine depth of cut. May
perform fine or rough grading.
4. Assist laborer or roller operator with dumping trucks and
keeping load counts
5. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work
with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated,
team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain
positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of
6. Must be able to work independently without supervision.
7. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material
quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss
production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
8. Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation
9. Timely and regular attendance is essential.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
The job posting will remain open until 6/30/2021 or until the
position is filled.
* Paid Company Holidays * PTO * Two Medical Plans with
GENEROUS Employer contributions * Health Savings Account, partially
funded by Company* Prescription Card * Flexible Spending Accounts
for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid
Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability
Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income
Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match *
Voluntary Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital
Indemnity for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid
Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, Access to Legal Advice
* Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship
Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status or any other protected category under
applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are
encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife
River Corporation South, PO Box 674, Bryan, TX 77806.
Keywords: Knife River - Texas Division, Bryan , Finish Motorgrader Operator, Other , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!