Raw Materials Purchasing Manager
Posted on: June 6, 2021
In Outokumpu we are looking for the most qualified "Raw
Materials Purchasing Manager" to be responsible for planning,
directing or coordinating the process of buying materials.
Facilitate, implement and maintain an operational plan to achieve
supply chain management targets while promoting cost savings.
- Act as a point of contact between the company and
- Discover dependable suppliers and initiate business and
- Develop procurement strategies that are inventive and
- Negotiate contracts, terms and deadlines with vendors and
- Monitor and update relevant departments regarding price
fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing
- Manage an efficient flow of goods to ensure optimum
- Maintain organized inventory management and reporting of stock
and consumption for supplies
- Approve or obtain approval of purchase orders to acquire goods
along with organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services
within the corporate budget limits
- Work closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms
are favorable to the company and any other cross functional
partners as needed
- Prepare procurement reports and periodic updates as needed
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of
long-term saving on procurement costs
- Determine Area staffing requirements, and support interviewing,
hiring and training of new employees.
- Direct and coordinate Area budget activities to ensure
achievement of budget (OpEx) plan, maximize capital expenditure
(CapEx) investments, and increase operating efficiency.
- Promote Safety culture and ensure all safety, environmental and
ergonomic requirements are met.
- Ensure that team follows company policies and safety
- Any other activities that may be required or requested to
support departmental goals
- High School or GED Equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain management, logistics, or
business administration preferred
- Three years of procurement management experience preferred
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a
dexterity in "reading" the market
- Contract negotiation and industry networking
- Experience using supplier or third-party management software
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook &
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal,
problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong
working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment,
encouraging feedback and innovation
- English language proficiency required
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, talk and hear for long
periods of time.
This position is based in Calvert, AL. and reports to the Raw
Material Procurement Director.
We offer a great compensation package and a motivated team!
Keywords: Outokumpu, Bryan , Raw Materials Purchasing Manager, Other , Calvert, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!