Company: Catholic Health Initiative
Posted on: June 7, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
- The EMS Dispatcher provides ambulances with necessary response
information for emergency, non-emergency and routine medical
transports (Wheelchair Van). Receives requests for services via
radio or telephone and operates a computerized automated dispatch
system proficiently and will maintain positive interaction with
hospital staff, public and other agencies.
- Assures proper utilization of vehicular resources to assure
prompt completion of requests for services.
- Inspects communication equipment for operational requirements,
repairs equipment within scope of abilities, reports needed
maintenance and/or deficiencies to relief and supervisor.
- Receives and enters call/patient information into computerized
- Provides dispatch accountability for all services (Ambulance,
Wheelchair Van & Support Vehicle) during assigned shift, auditing
daily CAD log to reflect ePRC to assure completion of data.
- Maintains proficiency in Communications computer software
required for daily operations.
- Consults with Billing Coordinator referencing necessary
pre-transport screening patient information, Medicare and Medicaid
Laws/Guidelines updates, and other contractual obligations for
- Provides proper utilization of radio and telephone equipment
being courteous, proper modulation, prompt paging of staff, routing
telephone calls to proper locations, or takes an accurate written
- Capable of establishing priorities according to relative
importance and deadlines; set goals; and manages time
- Checks MediTech and other information devices (i.e. fax
machine, pager, Emsystem) routinely during each shift of duty.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s
- Receives certification for EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch)
course within one year of employment.
- Completes AED/CPR training within one year of employment.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Preferred: Formal Training Program after High School: Emergency
Medical Dispatcher (EMD) certification and EMT, EMT-I, Paramedic
- Required: None
- Preferred: Communication Health Science
- Required: Previous computer experience (Windows
- Preferred: Previous computer experience (Windows
- Required & Preferred: Knowledge of computers and Use of
internet, Microsoft Word and Outlook. Skilled in use of automated
Data system. Skill in effective communications, Ability to
communicate in English language both orally and in writing. Ability
to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and fractions,
including use of decimals and computation of percentages. Operates
electrical devices with keyboard and push buttons (i.e. copy/fax
machine). Hears normal conversation with others and normal use of
telephone. Visualizes with accuracy, with or without glasses or
contact lenses up to twenty (20) feet, recognizing color, shape and
size. Ability to read, understand, Interpret and apply state and
Federal rules, regulations. Exhibits effective decision- making
skills as appropriate. Communicates potential problems according to
departmental and organizational policies. Skilled in providing
patient/ Customer services.
- Required: Valid Texas Drivers License. CPR-HCP
- Preferred: NAEMD (National Association of Emergency Medical
Keywords: Catholic Health Initiative, Bryan , EMT Dispatcher, Other , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!