Maintenance Director (22313)
Company: Regency Integrated Health Services
Location: La Grange
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Maintenance Director will assist in supervising the
day-to-day activities of the Maintenance Department in accordance
with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and
regulations governing the facility to ensure that it is maintained
in a safe and comfortable manner.
- Maintain the facility, which may include painting, carpet
repairs, cleaning, general repairs, housekeeping duties, and any
necessary duties to provide our residents with that quality
- Supervise the day-to-day maintenance functions of assigned
- Assist the Administrator in setting maintenance standards.
- Assist in developing procedures for performing daily
- Assist the Administrator in standardizing the methods in which
work is accomplished.
- Assist in maintaining material safety data sheets (MSDSs) for
hazardous chemicals in the maintenance department.
- Has knowledge of maintenance functions such as plumbing, HVAC,
basic electric, general carpentry skills, painting, sheetrock
- Knowledgeable of state, local, and federal regulations in
relations to Nursing Homes
- Completes maintenance services and activities using TELS
- Ensure all systems, i.e., Alarm Systems, Fire systems are
tested per state, local and federal guidelines
- Scheduling bids, submitting reports, and documenting the
execution of state mandated Safety items.
- Makes regular rounds identifying any areas in need of
- Takes part in in-services and training of staff to include
Company Driver training, OSHA rules and regulations, and safety
- Act as part of the Manager-on-Duty program.
- Make sure that all personnel wear and/or use safety equipment
- (e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or
moving heavy objects.
- Make sure that containers of hazardous chemicals in the
department are properly labeled and stored.
- Make sure that all maintenance personnel follow established
policies governing the use of labels and MSDSs.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to the
- Make sure that established infection control and universal
precautions practices are maintained when performing maintenance
- Recommend equipment and supply needs to the Administrator.
- Make sure that appropriate personal protective equipment used
in the handling
- of infectious materials is available and easily accessible to
- Make sure equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end
of the shift.
- High school or equivalent
- Experience as Maintenance Director in a skilled nursing
facility preferred, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative but not
necessary all inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to effectively communicate. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Action Rarely Occasionally Frequently Lifting - 1-25 lbs X
Lifting - 25-50 lbs X Lifting - 50+ lbs X Carrying - 1-25 lbs X
Carrying - 25-50 lbs X Carrying - 50+ lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 1-25
lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 25-50 lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 50+ lbs X
Sliding/Transferring - 1-25 lbs X Sliding/Transferring - 25-50 lbs
X Sliding/Transferring - 50+ lbs X Standing X Sitting X Walking X
Speaking X Driving X Balancing/Climbing X Stooping/Kneeling X
Crouching/Crawling X Reaching X Hearing/Listening X Seeing X
Keywords: Regency Integrated Health Services, Bryan , Maintenance Director (22313), Other , La Grange, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!