030.master Skill Maint I
Company: Sanderson Farms, Inc
Posted on: June 8, 2021
"If you experience difficulties with the online application
process, please contact the personnel department at the location to
which you are applying."
Master Skilled Mechanic I-Production
- In addition to working safely in an industrial environment, the
employee must also be able to
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections on all trucks,
trailers, lifts and reefers both gas and diesel.
- Performs general maintenance repairs on all trucks, trailers,
lifts and reefers both gasoline and diesel.
- Works with other shop employees in order to maintain a clean
and safe working environment.
- Performs major repairs on gas and diesel engines, trailers, and
associated equipment on all mechanical, electrical and hydraulic
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections: according to the
schedule performs all needed repairs indicated by preventive
- Performs general repairs to: electrical systems, starters,
lights, alternators and wiring harness brakes, including installing
engines, gasoline and diesel transmissions, front and rear ends,
air systems, cooling systems, hydraulic systems, reefers, feed
trailers, auto air conditioners, rebuild pumps on spray rigs,
replace broken springs and u-bolts on trailers and tractors,
replace brake shoes, drums, seals, cams, cam bushings, and slack
adjusters, replace brake valves and air lines on tractor and
trailers, replace hydraulic hoses, valves, pumps, and motors on
tractor and trailers, tune diesel engines and run overhead on
diesel engines, align axles on tractor and trailers, rebuild steer
axles king pins and bushings
- Performs minor body repairs.
- Fills out repair orders and computer generated repair
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on shop
- Maintains orderly and clean working environment.
- Performs on-site vehicle diagnosis and repairs for
- Maintain a proficiency level of at least 95%.
- Must be able to use computer and diagnostic tooling or ability
to learn how to use computer and diagnostic tooling.
- Recognizes potential failures and replaces only needed
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to diagnose most problems.
- Ability to perform general repairs on diesel and gasoline
engines, electrical and air conditioning systems and hydraulic
- Ability to perform some types of welding.
- Ability to obtain a class A CDL within specific time
- Ability to work outdoors under varying weather conditions
especially when called for vehicle breakdowns.
- Ability to fill out necessary paperwork efficiently and in a
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to work different shifts when needed.
- Master set of hand tools
Key Working Relationships:
- Works closely with and is accountable to Shop Supervisor.
- Works with other mechanics and provide assistance and guidance
in diagnosing problems with equipment.
- Works with other mechanics and helps train other mechanics when
needed or required.
- Identifies with values, philosophy, and mission of Sanderson
Academic: Comprehensive training in diesel and gasoline engines,
hydraulics, air conditioning and electrical systems or equivalent
experience in the work force. Comprehensive training or
workexperience on trailers and reefer units. Must have a valid AC
certification from an accredited facility.
Experience: Five years of mechanic experience.
Physical: Able to work in various temperatures. Able to work in
wet and humid environment.Able to bend stoop, reach, grasp, twist
and kneel. Able to lift 40lbs or more, utilizing proper lifting
techniques.Able to work in noisy and dusty environments. Able to
stand for long periods of time.Tolerate exposure to chemicals
within OSHA limits. Able to wear all required PPE.
CLASS A CDL REQUIRED
Thank you for your interest in Sanderson Farms, Inc. Our records
indicate that you have already submitted an application for
employment. Should your prior experience match our business needs,
you will be contacted by a representative of our company.The goal
of the questions that you have just answered is to help determine
if this opportunity would be a good match for you and our company.
At this time your qualifications do not match any of our positions.
Your application will remain active for 60 days. Please do not
reapply during this time period, as your application will register
in the system as "Already Applied". Thank you for your interest in
employment with us.
Keywords: Sanderson Farms, Inc, Bryan , 030.master Skill Maint I, Other , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!