Secondary Campus English Teacher
Company: Catholic Schools
Posted on: June 9, 2021
This posting is for a full time Secondary Campus English teacher
position at St. Joseph Catholic School located at 600 S. Coulter
Dr., Bryan, Texas. This position will be for the 2021-2022 school
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Austin are canonically
obedient to the Bishop and assist him in fulfilling his ministry
and canonical obligations. Pastors, presidents, and principals
serve as leaders of the schools to make Christ's mission present
and enduring in the schools. In order to fulfill Christ's mission,
the school leaders employ suitable, chosen collaborators, sharing
with them Christ's mission and entrusting to them various
Positions employed in this School help extend the ministry of
the School leaders in particular ways as outlined in the job
description. The employee in this position is closely connected to
and assists the School leaders in the performance of their ministry
and, therefore, engages in ministry for the Church.
The Classroom Teacher plans, guides, and evaluates the learning
process of students. This position reports to the principal and has
decision-making responsibilities within the framework of school
policies, philosophy, organization, and curriculum.
- Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the
mission of the school.
- Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of
the Roman Catholic Church.
- Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in
religious ceremonies, training sessions, and reflection activities
- Support and adhere to the Standards of Conduct and policies and
procedures of the school.
- Plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based
on adopted curriculum and submit plans according to the school
- Provide appropriate material and resources for students to
engage in learning.
- Use effective instructional methods and models according to
professional standard practice.
- Use varied assessment tools to perform both formative and
- Provide instruction and assessment for understanding.
- Maintain current and accurate records according to school
- Practice positive, consistent discipline in the management of
- Communicate with parents regarding academic, behavioral, and
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to
students, parents, and staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Knowledge of subjects taught, instructional methods and
strategies, and curriculum differentiation.
- Knowledge of child development, learning, and behavior.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in pacing and differentiating instruction.
- Skill in motivating and engaging students in the learning
- Skill in organizing and relating information in an
- Skill in using job-appropriate technology.
- Skill in critical thinking and planning.
- Skill in demonstrating professionalism in conduct, demeanor,
and work habits.
- Skill in collaborating with peers to enhance the work
environment and support instructional planning.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding school
- Ability to manage student behavior in the classroom
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal
- Ability to work well with others in the school community.
- Ability to conference with parents upon request and respond to
messages in a timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate gains in student performance that are in
keeping with school goals.
- Ability to respond to individual learning needs.
- Bachelor's degree in the subject taught or related field from
an accredited American university or equivalent in a foreign
Certifications and Training:
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and
Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment
- Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching field as set
forth by the Diocese and TCCB ED.
- Must meet staff development guidelines as set forth by the
Diocese and school administration.
- Must complete Religion Certification Part 1 within two years of
the date of hire, completing a minimum of 25 hours each year.
- All employees of the school are engaged in ministry and closely
tied to the Principal in the exercise of the Principal's ministry
and obligations to the school.
- The school is an at-will employer.
- Working in a fast-paced environment with priorities and plans
that may change rapidly.
- Working on weekends, evenings, and some holidays may be
- Will be exposed to religious ceremonies, conduct, and speech
including Christian prayer and Catholic liturgical celebrations.
Staff meetings and other functions may open and close with
- Will be required to adhere to established dress codes and
- All buildings and vehicles owned by the school are
- May be required to use personal or school vehicles to drive to
- Traveling within and outside the school to meetings and other
events may be required, and travel may include overnight
- Must maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to
students, parents, colleagues, and administration.
- Will be required to work in multiple educational settings.
Keywords: Catholic Schools, Bryan , Secondary Campus English Teacher, Other , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!