CHI St. Joseph Health - College Station/Bryan
Since 1936 has been caring for the communities in Bryan, College
Station, Brenham, Hearne, Navasota, Caldwell, Madisonville, and
Bellville. With the area's only Level II Trauma Center, the first
Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center, and the first
accredited Chest Pain Center in the Brazos Valley; CHI St. Joseph
Health is a leader in critical care and the largest provider of
cardiovascular care in the region. As an integrated healthcare
system, CHI St. Joseph Health includes a comprehensive network of
over 100 employed providers including primary care physicians,
specialists and advanced practice clinicians. The network includes
more than 20 ambulatory clinics featuring primary care, a
freestanding Emergency , Express Clinics, and imaging and
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U. S., from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community.
Assists in patient care and preparation of surgical patients;
Performs scrub duties and related procedures; Accountable for
ensuring cleaning and maintenance of supplies and equipment for
selected specialty. Performs in the advanced roles of preceptor,
service specialist and instrument liaison.
- Assists surgical team in the scrubbing role according to
- Maintains sterile field. Reports immediately any breaks in
- Passes instruments, suture products, medication, and sponge
materials to surgeon.
- Assists with retracting of tissue and organs, and suctioning by
holding the retracting instrument which has been placed by the
- Electrosurgical current may be applied as directed by the
surgeon, to an established instrument placed by the surgeon.
- Performs surgical counts with the RN according to policy and
- Assures appropriate equipment and supplies are available for
- Assists in housekeeping duties as directed to insure safe
- Assists RN with circulator duties while under direct
- Performs additional activities and duties as directed.
High School Diploma/GED Required
Certified Surgical Technician (CST)
Certified Surgical Tech
Certified Surgical Technologist
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.