Patient Access Rep II Full Time at CHI St Joseph in Bryan TX
Posted on: July 26, 2019
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiativesfamily,
Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise
toclients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our
clientsstrengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve
their communitiesand succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer
Health helps organizationstransition from volume to value-based
care, enhance the consumer and patienthealthcare experience and
improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Areyou ready to be
part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the
resources and incentives toredefine healthcare services, with a
competitive benefits package andleadership to take your career to
the next step! JOB SUMMARY Responsiblefor duties in support of
departmental efficiencies which may include: but notlimited to
performing scheduling, registration, patient pre-admission
andadmission, reception and discharge functions. Must obtain
complete and accuratepatient demographic information. PatientAccess
representatives also must employ proper, compliant patient
liabilitycollection techniques before, during & after date of
service. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESInclude the
following. Others may be assigned.
- Greeting customers following Conifer Standards of Care,
provides world-class customer service, completes full patient
registration at date of service, adheres to financial & cash
control policies & procedures, thoroughly explains and secures
Hospital & patient legal forms (i.e., Advance Directives,
Conditions of services, Consent for treatment, Important Message
from Medicare, EMTALA, etc.). Scan Protected Health Information,
create and file patient information packets/folders for upcoming
Hospital services. May also assist with scheduling diagnostic
procedures (enters data in scheduling system, provide customer with
appointment instructions, other tasks as needed).
- Educates patients about patient financial liabilities, employs
proper, compliant patient liability collection techniques before,
during & after date of service, performs Hospital cash
reconciliation & secured payment entry in adherence to financial &
cash control policies & procedures.
- Secures medicalnecessity checks/verification in accordance to
Centers for Medicare &Medicaid services, verifies insurance,
benefits, coverage & eligibility,completes assigned registration
financial clearance work lists activities,obtains insurance
authorizations for scheduled & unscheduled Hospitalservices, and
secures inpatient visit notification to payors. May also assist
with scheduling andcoordinating post discharge care for
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIESTo perform this job successfully, an
individualmust be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirementslisted below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or abilityrequired. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Minimumtyping skills of 35 wpm
- Demonstratedworking knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
- Knowledgeof function and relationships within a hospital
- Customerservice skills and experience
- Abilityto work in a fast paced environment
- Abilityto receive and express detailed information through oral
- Coursein Medical Terminology required
- Understandingof Third Party Payor requirements preferred
- Understandingof Compliance standards preferred
- Mustbe able to perform essential job duties in at least two
Patient Access serviceareas including ED.
- Usesproper negotiation techniques to professionally collect
money owed by ourPatients/Guarantors.
- Buildsand maintains collaborative relationships with both
internal and externalClients that lead to more effective
communication and a higher level ofproductivity and accuracy.
- Mustbe able to appropriately interpret physician orders,
medical terminology andinsurance cards while maintaining Conifer
Standards of Care. EDUCATION / EXPERIENCEInclude minimum education,
technical training,and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- HighSchool Diploma or GED required
- 0' 1 year in a Customer Service role.
- 0' 1 year administrative experience in medical facility, health
insurance, orrelated area preferred
- Somecollege coursework is preferred PHYSICAL DEMANDS The
physical demands described here arerepresentative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully performthe essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Mustbe able to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of
- Occasionallylift/carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Frequentprolonged standing, sitting, and walking
- Occasionallypush a wheelchair to assist patients with mobility
problems. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics
describedhere are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing theessential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Canwork in patient care locations which include potential
exposure tolife-threatening patient conditions. OTHER
- Mustbe available to work hours and days as needed based on
- ResolvesPhysician's office and Patient issues. May experience
extreme patient volumes and uncooperative Patients.
Job: Patient AccessPrimary Location: Bryan, TexasJob Type:
Full-timeShift Type: Days
Keywords: Tenet, Bryan , Patient Access Rep II Full Time at CHI St Joseph in Bryan TX, Other , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!