Contract Specialist, Texas
Company: Dignity Health
Posted on: November 4, 2019
Responsibilities:Job Summary:The Contract Specialist, Divisional
Payers, Payer Strategy & Relationships (PSR) works closely with
Divisional Payers, the Payer Relations Manager, Divisional
Directors, National PSR team, and the PSR Analytics & Innovation
team, to support the negotiation of terms and conditions for
Managed Care payer contracts for facility, professional, and
ancillary entities. Primary focus of contracting and negotiation
support is to ensure the terms and conditions of the payer contract
adhere to the CSH Standards and Guidelines, represent industry best
practices for Fee for Service and value-based arrangements, and
align with operational objectives. Job Responsibilities:
- Review contract proposals, language and rate sheets to ensure
accuracy, completeness and in compliance with CommonSpirit Health
standards and guidelines.
- Recommend corrections, changes and any language opportunities
in documents to Director.
- Assist Director with updating project plan documents, meeting
minutes and action item follow up related to Divisional Payers
renewals and planning.
- Ensure that all amendments, letters of agreement (LOA),
memorandum of understanding (MOU) and other contract documents are
signed by the appropriate parties and provide the fully executed
contract documents to the Contract Administration team.
- Coordinate with Division PSR teams as needed to facilitate
credentialing and re-credentialing of CSH entities.
- Maintains complete and up to date inventory of all CSH
hospitals/specialty hospitals to include demographic information,
license, NPI, Tax ID information, etc.
- Assist in communicating and operationalizing contract terms,
amendments, and policy terms.
- Maintain Divisional Payer knowledge base to include financial
statements/reports, news articles and other information.
- Adhere to all established contracting guidelines. Contracting
accountability for negotiation support include hospital, physician,
and ancillary services.QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:
- Education -A High school diploma required.A Bacheloras Degree
in related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Experience -A One (1) to two (2) years negotiation, sales or
experience in a healthcare related field is required.A Three (3) to
five (5) years experience preferred.
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities -A This position requires
knowledge and experience in reimbursement, the financial aspects of
contracting and managed care operations.
- Additionally, effective negotiation skills, project management
skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and
expertise and experience with PC applications (Excel/Word) are
Keywords: Dignity Health, Bryan , Contract Specialist, Texas, Other , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!