Surgical Technician II
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: September 13, 2022
CHI St. Joseph Health - College Station/Bryan TX Since 1936 CHI St.
Joseph Health has been caring for the communities in Bryan College
Station Brenham Hearne Navasota Caldwell Madisonville and
Bellville. With the area's only Level II Trauma Center the first
Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and the first
accredited Chest Pain Center in the Brazos Valley; CHI St. Joseph
Health is a leader in critical care and the largest provider of
cardiovascular care in the region. As an integrated healthcare
system CHI St. Joseph Health includes a comprehensive network of
over 100 employed providers including primary care physicians
specialists and advanced practice clinicians. The network includes
more than 20 ambulatory clinics featuring primary care a
freestanding Emergency Room Express Clinics and imaging and
diagnostic services. Responsibilities
POSITION SUMMARY Assists in patient care and preparation of
surgical patients; Performs scrub duties and related procedures;
Accountable for ensuring cleaning and maintenance of supplies and
equipment for selected specialty. -Performs in the advanced roles
of preceptor, service specialist and instrument room liaison.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES - 1.Assist surgical team in the scrubbing
role according CHI St. Luke's policies and procedures.
- -2. Maintain sterile field.
- -3. Report immediately any breaks in aseptic technique.
- -4. Pass instruments, suture products, medication, and sponge
materials to surgeon.
- -5. Assist with retracting of tissue and organs, and suctioning
by holding the retracting
- -6. Instrument that has been placed by the surgeon.
- -7. Electrosurgical current may be applied as directed by the
- -8. Perform surgical counts with the RN according to policy and
- -9. Proficiently function in the scrub role for all services
- -10. Function as a resource for at least one specific
- -11. -Utilize/open supplies judiciously, offers suggestions,
improvements with focus on quality and cost containment.
- -12. -Actively participate in product evaluations.
- -13. Assure appropriate equipment and supplies are available for
- -14. Assist RN in updating preference
- -15. Work closely with the instrument room as service
specialist/instrument liaison to assure provision of quality.
- -16. Assist in housekeeping duties as directed to insure safe
patient environment and an efficient room turnover.
- -17. Assist RN with circulator duties while under direct
- -18. Work assigned shifts, responding when called upon for
additional or emergency service as necessary and on-call according
to Perioperative policies.
- -19. Actively participate in providing 2 in-services per year at
unit or service level. In-services are approved by the Manager
prior to presentation.
- -20. Attend at least 10 hours of continuing education per
- -21. -Preceptor for students and new employees. Complete
preceptor orientation paperwork within established time frames.
- -22. -Actively participate in unit/committee meetings and is an
active member of a professional organization. Qualifications
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Required Education and Licensure:
*High School Diploma/GED
*Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) or Certified Surgical First
Assistant (CST/CSFA) - required as of September 1, 2010
*American Heart Association BLS Required Experience: *One (1) year
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Bryan , Surgical Technician II, Professions , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!