Class A Driver - RFS
Company: Reinhart Foodservice
Posted on: July 24, 2019
Position Summary:Class A CDL drivers efficiently deliver the right
product to customer accounts in a courteous, professional,
compliant, safe and timely manner. Drivers use a multitude of
methods including manual lifting, use of two wheel dolly, ramps,
and/or carts in multi-temperature environments.Position
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle,
including but not limited to: Combination vehicles, straight
trucks, or other vehicles such as pick-up trucks and service vans
with a GVWR or GCWR over 10,001 lbs.
- Complete pre-trip, in-route, and post-trip inspections of
- Ability to operate vehicles in congested areas with limited
space and potential obstacles.
- Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation
regulations including but not limited: Controlled Substances,
Commercial Driver Licensing, Driver Qualification, CMV Operation,
Hours of Service; CSA inspections and compliance, Vehicle
Inspection and Maintenance, etc.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with
Department of Transportation Regulations and Reyes Fleet Safety
- Utilize an on board computer to track hours of service.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Safely and accurately unload and deliver multi-temperature
product to customers utilizing a variety of preferred methods
including lift gates, carts, conveyers, hand trucks, and/or pallet
- Utilize barcode scanners at the point of delivery as required
to verify delivered product.
- Pick up returned product as required.
- Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
- Maintain contact with Dispatch to receive delivery or pick up
instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries or pick-ups.
- Maintain route plan as provided by Dispatch. Communicate to
Dispatch any barriers to maintaining the route plan so any changes
can be communicated to the customer.
- Maintain knowledge and comprehension of all applicable
Department of Transportation regulations and Company policies
through Company training and certifications.
- Observe all local, state and federal laws and ordinances.
- Abide by all Reyes Holdings Company policies and
- Perform all other duties as assigned.Required Skills and
- Drivers must have a valid Class A CDL license for interstate
- Minimum of 1 year driving experience with a Class A-CDL or
equivalent military driving experience.
- We are an interstate carrier, by law you must be at least 21
years of age.
- Candidates must have a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Must be able to operate a two-wheel cart up and down a delivery
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are
- This position must pass a post-offer background, DOT physical,
and drug test.Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Route delivery unloading experience
- Customer service experience.
- Food distribution/delivery experience.Physical Demands and Work
- Be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds occasionally.Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to
such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and
Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance
and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual
in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement
due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources
department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be
made.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies
will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the
basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures,
including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions,
terminations and self-development opportunities, will be
administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability,
or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the
Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reinhart Foodservice, Bryan , Class A Driver - RFS, Professions , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!